Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeluqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to filter out zero rows within an expression field (in Qlikview)?

RowReport 1Report 2Difference (an expression of Report 1 minus Report 2)
150006000-1000

I tried to filter out rows (#2, #4 in this case) where the value is zero within the Difference column which is an expression of comparing the two reports (Report 1 and Report 2).  But can't seem to select exclude the zeros when the field is not a dimension but and expression.  Can't use Supress Zero function to do that either.

The actual data file has many zero lines and I just want to pick up the lines that are with differences in a single export to Excel.

Thanks anyone for helping with this!

JL

7 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be try this

Dimension

Row

Expression

If(Report1Expression - Report2Expression <> 0, Report1Expression)

If(Report1Expression - Report2Expression <> 0, Report2Expression)

Report1Expression - Report2Expression

The reason we have to use if statement here is because we have to force all expressions to be 0 or null for the rows where difference is null so that those rows get removed from the chart

joeluqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the quick response and guide here.

Are we saying it is a nested IF statement or simple a single statement like this will work?

If(R1_Amt - R2_Amt <> 0, R1_Amt - R2_Amt)

The R1_Amt is just an amount from one file, same as the R2_Amt is another amount from another file.

I am just trying to display only the non-zero difference lines in a straight table.

JL

sunny_talwar

I think you would need three expressions with one dimension

If(R1_Amt - R2_Amt <> 0, R1_Amt )

If(R1_Amt - R2_Amt <> 0, R2_Amt)

If(R1_Amt - R2_Amt <> 0, R1_Amt - R2_Amt)

greend21
Creator III
Creator III

Maybe it is not reading the result as a number for some reason. You could try wrapping the expression in Num(). You made sure to click your expression on the presentation tab and select Suppress Zero-Values for THAT field?

joeluqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

There is syntax error.  Missing any comma or ()?

joeluqlik
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

How do you create three expressions within one dimension?

Also the zero rows that I try to remove from my straight table are within the expression column, not within a dimension.

sunny_talwar

Would you be able to share your application?