Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

How to filter report to display only certain record number ?

Hi All

I have table which display reporting code filed from 1 to 70000

How to add code to display only reporting code more then 52 to 100 ?

I am aware that i need add code to filter reporting code from 52 to 100 , but i not sure how to modify my diamension script, hope some one can share with me.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

8 Replies
sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Hi,

See the sample .

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Son

Thank you for your help.

But this is not work i need. what i need is only display certain part of the report.

I have make use of the button to simulate to show you how i do it , but i need to code to build in the table.

Paul

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Paul one thing that the code i have written gives only those values or N/A

What u really want??

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Son

Because my Table can display many row of information.

And for P&L and BS i need different expression. they cannot not use 1 expression.

So in order not to display certain report code information , i need to add filter at diamension. so table will display certain row of information.

My enclosed QV doc , i use button to filter , which is not correct. i need the code to build in the table.

Hope you can advise me.

Paul

calvindk
Creator III
Creator III

Add this as calculated dimension and tick suppress when null

=If([Reporting Code] >= 52 and [Reporting Code] <= 100, [Reporting Code], Null())

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Hi ,

try this

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Try this

rangeonly(If([Reporting Code] >= 52 and [Reporting Code] <= 100, [Reporting Code]))

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi All

Many thank for give me so many alternative code. I must said Son code is the most close to what i need because he and my existing diamension code with filter of Reporting code. But some how the actual QV doc does not able to work because it re-arrange my first column data.

End up i add code in my intial selection button,i add action to filter those reporting code i need to display and it work fine.

Once again thank you every one help.

Paul