Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to fix double extraction of data

Hi,

I have Table A Table B & Table C.

I need Table A,B & C's data aggregated into one single qvd and also into each individual qvd  to create aggregated and individual reports.

Required fields from Table A and B are already aggregated into  AGG.qvd, Now am trying to add required fields from table C into AGG.qvd and also Table C's complete data into another qvd. But I see double extraction of table C data.

Can someone please tell me how to fix this?

Thanks!

2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I get this message and my application crashes.

I have 8GB

stevedark
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You can either ensure that all columns are exactly the same between all data sources (I suspect one is slightly different at the moment) or you can put the word CONCATENATE in front of the load statement.

The crash is happening as QlikView is currently creating a composite key of all matched fields between the two tables.

If you do a debug load with only ten rows then check the table viewer you should be able to see what is happening currently.

The problem with CONCATENATE when loading from QVDs is that it breaks Optimised load, this blog post gives more details on this:

http://www.quickintelligence.co.uk/qlikview-optimised-qvd-loads/

Hope that helps,

Steve