Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
allan_vittrup
Partner - Contributor III

How to freeze bottom Total row in straight table

Hi.

I came across a Qlikview app, where the bottom row in a straight table is frozen and thereby always on top even though we have a scrollbar:

2019-02-14_1135_001.png

I was not able to figure out which setting in the properties or what conditions that has to be fulfilled to obtain this behaviour.

Can anyone help?

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

It's within the tab presentation by totals (approximately in mid-right).

- Marcus

View solution in original post

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

It's within the tab presentation by totals (approximately in mid-right).

- Marcus

sunny_talwar

Is this a straight table? It seems that I am seeing the total at top by default... are you not when you create a new object?

allan_vittrup
Author

Hi Marcus.

Thank you for your reply. I have to admit that I was not thorough enough! It was actually a pivot table where I tried to get the functionality, because when you have a straight table and selects the totals on last row - it is actually standard behavior that the bottom row is frozen.
Do you know if the same behavior is possible within a pivot?
allan_vittrup
Author

Hi Sunny.
Sure thing. Top is default, but the customer needs it in the bottom. But as I stated to Marcus above, the functionality actually works for a straight table. I need the same for the grand total (1st dimension) for a pivot table.
marcus_sommer

I think it won't be configurable within a pivot - the total are at the top or bottom but they will react with the scrolling. A quite ugly workaround could be to overlap your pivot with a second specially adjusted table-chart or maybe using a container for a similar view.

- Marcus

allan_vittrup
Author

Hi Marcus.
That was also my conclusion. Actually I think that your proposed workaround is okay. It could be a container in a container so-to-speak to get a grid and make sure that the objects are above each other. Turn of the totals in the top object and just display one total in the bottom one.
On the downside there will be double maintenance but it seems manageable.
Thank you for your reply and time 🙂