Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulo_costa_ifp
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to get region totals

I have the following chart:

Pagamentos - Município - Meso - Micro.png

For example, CABEDELO belongs to MESOREGIAO='ZONA DA MATA PARAIBANA' and MICROREGIAO='JOAO PESSOA'. I would like to get totals for the corresponding MESOREGIAO and MICROREGIAO.  The expressions run fine only when I select a MESOREGIAO or MICROREGIAO. Here are the expressions:

SUM(total {<MESOREGIAO={'$(=MESOREGIAO)'},MICROREGIAO=,MUNICIPIO=>}[VALOR PAGTO])

SUM(total {<MICROREGIAO={'$(=MICROREGIAO)'},MESOREGIAO=,MUNICIPIO=>}[VALOR PAGTO])

How can I build these expressions without the need to filter these metadata?

Regards,

Paulo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Extremely Sorry !!! Not really understand still. My luck is

SUM(TOTAL <MESOREGIAO> {<MUNICIPIO=>}[VALOR PAGTO])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you mean this?

SUM(TOTAL {<MICROREGIAO={'ZONA DA MATA PARAIBANA', 'JOAO PESSOA'},MUNICIPIO=>}[VALOR PAGTO])

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
paulo_costa_ifp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

No, Anil.

I would like to build the expression without the need to fix a constant for MICROREGIAO, MESOREGIAO. Based on MUNICIPIO , it would consider totals only for the  corresponding MESOREGIAO and MICROREGIAO, in separate columns.

Do you understand what I mean?

Regards,

Paulo

Anil_Babu_Samineni

But, Field = Field ??? What you are going to try here? My assumption is this?

SUM(TOTAL {<MICROREGIAO={"=CABEDELO = MICROREGIAO"},MUNICIPIO=>}[VALOR PAGTO])

paulo_costa_ifp
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

My expression is wrong, I know. As MUNICIPIO appears in one line, how could I know (dinamically) the total for the corresponding MICROREGIAO and MESOREGIAO (two new columns).

Do you understand me?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Extremely Sorry !!! Not really understand still. My luck is

SUM(TOTAL <MESOREGIAO> {<MUNICIPIO=>}[VALOR PAGTO])