Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get the sum of top n values from expression?

I have a bar chart with count(ID) as expression and yearMonth as dimension. I would like to get the sum of top n (for example top 10) numbers (by yearmonth) in that expression. Is this possible? Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MayilVahanan

HI

Please see the attached file. Hope you can see the difference

Thanks & Regards, Mayil Vahanan R
Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
MayilVahanan

HI

Use rank function in expression or dimension limit in dimension tab..

Hope that helps

Please close the thread by marking correct answer & give likes if you like the post.
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your helps. I have no idea of how to use Rank function to get sum of top n values of expression! Could you give me some detailed instruction?

MayilVahanan

Hi

Try like this

=if(aggr(rank(MonthName)<=10,MonthName), MonthName) in dimension

or

MonthName as dimension

Use if(rank(Count(ID)) <= 10, count(ID))

Edit:

For more information about rank function, please refer the manual or help..

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Still cannot get it to work. I get sum of all the count values by using if(rank(Count(ID)) <= 10, count(ID)). Although we have a condition of rank(Count(ID)) <= 10, but I think Count(ID) still return sum of all the count value. What I need is the sum of top n-1 values. Please refer to my sample file. Thanks

MayilVahanan

HI

Please see the attached file. Hope you can see the difference

Not applicable
Author

Big thanks. It works fine. Is there any way I can get the sum of FIRST (not TOP) n-1 count values? I realized that I had not asked correct question when I saw your solution. I do apologized for this.

MayilVahanan

HI

By using dimension limit option, you can set first n values.

Not applicable
Author

I can show the first n counted values. What I really need is to know is how to get SUM of the first n and last n counted values. If I can store this two sums in two different variables, that will be ideal. Still need your advice. I tried FIRST function, no success so far. Thanks.

MayilVahanan

HI

Try like this

= Count(YearMonth={"=Rank(Count(ID))<=10)"}>}ID)

Hope that helps