Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to get the week no for the month?

Hai,

I want to get the Week no for the month not the year. Please refer the below example and do the needful.

Year Month Week

2009 Jan 1
2009 Jan 2
2009 Jan 3
2009 Jan 4
2009 Feb 1
2009 Feb 2
2009 Feb 3
2009 Feb 4
2009 Mar 1
2009 Mar 2
2009 Mar 3
2009 Mar 4

Thanks in advance...

23 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello John

I too work for a US Company and when we got QlikView, the first thing I noticed was that the QV week number generated was different to our Organisation's week number.

I saw your post and I was hoping your file / one of your definitions might help me decipher the correct approach to generate a master calendar for our Organisation. However I am really struggling here. Some years we have week 53. The difficulty is knowing what is week 1. I think I can say that week 1 cannot start when 1st January falls on a Saturday or Sunday. We have a 5-4-4 week pattern to each quarter.

I am attaching a spreadsheet which we all use which computes company week numbers / fiscal dates for any year (over 1973) entered in A1 . I need QlikView to be able to generate a list of dates with week number which matches the spreadsheet.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks !

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

After spending too long on it already, when I saw that 2001 grabs no days from 2002 for its week 53 (ending up with just a single day in week 53), but 2004 DOES grab days from 2005 for its week 53 to make a full 7 day week, I gave up. I don't understand the rules, and can't take any more time to decypher them from the spreadsheet. Sorry.

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Nice work Dragonauta. Helped me alot.

Not applicable
Author

Very usefull John,

Thanks,

Aldo.