Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to hide the Grand Total row in Pivot Table

Is it possible to hide the Grand Total row in a pivot table without hiding the subtotals?

See screen shot

error loading image

9 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Yes. Totals in Pivot Tables are handled with Partial Sums on the Presentation tab. The grand total is the highest (first) dimension. Go to the Presentation tab, highlight the top dimension and remove the check on Show Partial Sums.

The other subtotals are hidden/shown based on the Show Partial Sum checkbox when other dimensions are selected on that tab.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I understand this but I would like the subtotals to still be displayed on the pivot table.

Not applicable
Author

You can uncheck "Show Partial Sums" only for the first "Dimension" in Presentation tab.

Not applicable
Author

Exactly. Each dimension has its own Show Partial Sums checkbox. The first dimension is the grand total. Your subtotals will have a separate checkbox. Go to that tab and highlight each dimension and you will see.

Not applicable
Author

That works. Thank you very much everybody.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Community Members,

The checkbox of the Paritial Sums is not enabled in my qlikview. I am using QlikView11 version

Thanks in advance    

ramesh

Not applicable
Author

I just solved this problem.  Since this is the top-level result in Google, I wanted to help out others who might land here.

To make the Grand Total row disappear, I added an "if" statement to every expression.  It referenced the top-level dimension, returning a NULL() if the distinct count of that dimension was greater than 1.  This made every column NULL on the Grand Total row.  With "Suppress Zero-Values" enabled and "Suppress Missing" grayed out in the "Presentation" tab of the chart properties, the Grand Total row disappeared.

I hope this helps!

Message was edited by: bhimes100. Spelling: changed "Supper" to "Suppress.

berndjaegle
Creator II
Creator II

Hi wvogt,

I got it fixed with dimensionality().

Might not be a very dynamic solution, but it fixed my table.

The Total has two dimensons. These are the first two columns of my table. Please see png.Remove Patrial Sum.png

if (Dimensionality()=2, '',
sum(Material.GivAmount) * sum(Order.Amount)
)

Cheers Bernd

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please, check the correct answer.

thank you