Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III

How to left join to a table from one file tables from multiple files?

Hello,

I have 3 tables basically.

Table 1 as below:

Line#No.CountryRegionStateLocationUnitLNameFeature1Feature2Feature3Feature4Feature5Feature6Feature7MeasureQuantMeasure1Estimate1Estimate2

This Table 1 is loaded from a single excel file no problem.

Now, Table 2 headers are as below:

P.NameDateNameTypeModelValueCurrencyNo.LNameVendorCountryRegionStateLocationUnitType1Cat1Cat2Cat TypeYearH1H2

This Table 2 is to be loaded from 5 excel files which have the same headers and format.

Table 3 headers are as below:

PNameDateNameTypeModelValueCurrencyLNameNo.VendorCountryRegionStateLocationUnitFeature1Feature2Feature3Feature4Feature5Feature6Feature7MeasureH3

Again this table is to be loaded from another set of 5 excel files which have the same headers as above.

Now what I need to do is a Left Join of Table 2 and then Table 3 on Table 1.(Table 1 is Left).

What I have tried is as below:

Table 1:

Load *

FROM

[* Table1.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is XYZ);

Left Join

Table 2:

Load *

FROM

[*.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is ABC);

Left Join

Table 3:

Load *

FROM

[ *.xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is DEF);

But I'm not getting the desired result as the join is not happening properly and most fields are being populated as blanks. Please help me achieve this. Thanks in advance!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found the answer in this thread:

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/246888

Thanks for your efforts!

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Do you understand the concept of Left Join in SQL Engine? How and which is keys will work in synthetically? The reason behind, My answer is might you don't have exact values which matching with another table?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

No, but the columns No., Country, Region, State, Location etc. are clearly present as common fields in the tables?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be cheek the Subset Ratio & Information Density for tables. So then we can easily understand the table where we are bending down?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
mrthomasshelby
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I found the answer in this thread:

https://community.qlikview.com/thread/246888

Thanks for your efforts!