Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
absekrafi
Creator III
Creator III

How to link to tables after using qualify and unqualify on one of them

Dear Qlikview community,

I am used to use "AS" to link tables based on two common fields. I am asked to use 2 tables where there are 2 pairs of  common fields, so I used qualify and unqualify in order to remove the synthetique keys and to be able at least to get the fields of the tables connected and displayed in 2 list boxes.

Now I wan to connect these two tables to other tables. Do I use the full name of qualified fields for example

NewTableField AS TableName.FieldName or not?

Please help me.

Many thanks

Attached the code I have

1 Reply
aunahsan
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

looks like you don't have many fields, i would manually rename all the fields that are causing the synthetics and avoid qualify all together.

however, if you do want to use Qualify, you QUALIFY the whole table and UNQUALIFY the fields you want to join tables on. this will leave the fields to be joined with their original names. and you can join on that.

also you must naturally join onto one field only or it will give you synthetic keys or even circular references if you have more than 2 tables.