Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to make TXT file with button on QV Accesspoint?

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask for a suggestion or possibility of making/saving TXT file with button on Accesspoint - in my opinion, it is not possible. In QV desktop the action works, on Accesspoint doesn´t.

button.png

We would like to use button, that will generate txt file with 1 or 0. After that we will load this ftxt file into QlikView and the variable (text object) will change according to the number saved in txt.

My client doesn´t want to open QV Desktop, change the variable and save this QVW.

Does anybody has some suggestion how to do that?

Thanks!

Maros

9 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Which client are you using? What is the error you get?

Not applicable
Author

I am using IE. I think that problem is the path where the TXT has to be saved - the screenshor is from my testing. When I set there \\server01\folder - nothning happen, because Accesspoint doesnt know this path.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Do you want users to be able to store the file on server? If so, you have to set proper access right to the specific folder so that users can write there. So it's basically setting proper access right I guess.

Not applicable
Author

Yes i want users to save the TXT file in the server folder by clicking on button in AccessPoint - It is possible in QV Desktop, but I can´t save it throught AccessPoint.

It gives me this message (+the value which should be saved in TXT is opened in new IE tab):

2.png

Rights in the folder:

1.png

tresesco
MVP
MVP

'Everyone' (or all the users who are trying so one by one) should be given access to the folder, because the request would be passed from the user's system and not directly handled by qlikview administrator.

Not applicable
Author

I have full rights for the folder, but there must be some additional settings - it doesn´t work. We tried also IE plugin and the same.

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

This is actually a BROWSER restriction - which QlikView Server running throught the AccessPoint can't override. A browser should always ask the user if they are allowed to store a file locally - unless the browser setting have been changed to accommodate for relaxed security when using AccessPoint.

You can however resort to a VBScript Macro that will work on your server and thus in a browser that can save a file to the server - and do it silently. Do you wish to get the code and example for that?

br

Petter Skjolden

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply.

First, do you know which settings for browser should be changed? I prefer the solution without marco.

If not, could you please send me example of macro?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sorry - I have no recipe for that ...