Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make selection of value in the field, if that value is not associated with the selected year.

How to make selection of value in the field, if that value is not associated with the selected year.

I have a list box for Order No, Fiscal Year, Month and I have a straight table which shows data for selected filters along with its cumulative sum.

Challenge I am facing is-

When I select Order no. say, 1001, which is associated only to fiscal year 2010, where the cumulative sum against it is 0,  now when I select Fiscal year 2018 with month Aug, I should still get the sum as 0 as Order falls only for 2010, but as the Order number is associated with only to FYear 2010, the moment I change the Filter of Fiscal year from 2010 to 2018, the order number selection gets cleared, which is true as per Qlik functionality, but I still want same order number to be selected, even though its not associated to other years.

I tried using, Only({<FYear=, FMonth=>}[Order No]), but I am getting empty result.

Any solution for this?

2 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be use Alternate State for this

QlikNoviceNo1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Maya,

Could you say what is the logical reason why you want the year 2018 to be associated to order 1001 even though it's not associated to that order in the data model?

I mean , if there are no orders present in the data model for 2018Aug then the filters will obviously get cleared, isn't?