Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III

How to make this trigger?

Hi, I have two tables with the month as a dimension and one of them is showed in one tab and the another one in showed in another tab.

Let´s call them table A and Table B.

In the principle I used the same alias name "Month" and had this Month as a field list where is set to have always one value selected.

It was going very well, till a user asked me to have the option to unmark Month in Table B and see all the year result.

As table A doesn´t work if don´t have one month selected only, I Had to create another field Called Month_B inside table B and Table B is no more dependent from Table A.

Now my problem. When I navigate to table B from Table A (using a triegger funcion),, I have to fill in Month_B the value of the Table A Month.

I´ve tried creating a variable, using Month_A = Month and many other things with no success through Triegger When oppening the Tabl.

How Can I do that please?

Best

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Worked after changing The Trigger from leaving the sheet (or even opening the sheet) to a trigger in the field that when selected, goes to the new sheet.

So if you leave the sheet using a field selection triegger, you need to put all your calculation neeeded in the same triegger.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I´ve done htis, but It´s so strange cause making more test I see that it works only when navigating to other tabs. Something are messed here.

rcandeo
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Worked after changing The Trigger from leaving the sheet (or even opening the sheet) to a trigger in the field that when selected, goes to the new sheet.

So if you leave the sheet using a field selection triegger, you need to put all your calculation neeeded in the same triegger.