Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to open new Qlikview document when Straight Table data is selected?

Everyone,

I have this working in the desktop version by calling a macro that does a button press on a hidden button.  The action on the button is to open a Qlikview document.  For some reason when I bring up the document in AccessPoint, that functionality will not work.  I should add that if I use the IE plugin it also works so it must be an Ajax issue? Does anyone have suggestions as to what might be wrong?  Is there a better way to open a new document when a selection is made from a Straight Table? Any help is appreciated.

3 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Macro functionality wont work in AJAX and it will work only with IE Plugin or Desktop version. Regards. Siva

Not applicable
Author

I have other macros in the same document (selection causes another sheet in the same document to be displayed) that work fine in AJAX.  Only the press button macro doesn't work. An example of the code that will not run is ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("BU01").Press

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Yes,Dwinkels. You're right. Only few macros work with qlikview not all the macros. Search the helpfile by pressing F1 in qlikview and use the keyword 'Ajax' or 'Add Action Dialog'. This will bring you the information about the objects and activities that wont work in Ajax Mode. Regards. Siva