Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to replicate a sheet along with all objects??

Hi

Is it possible to make a copy of a sheet along with all of its chart objects from one Qlikview application to

another Qlikview application?   I basically want to replicate a sheet say from a document called DEV.qvw to QA.qvw.

If this possible, can someone please explain the steps to accomplish this? 

Thank you

11 Replies
arasantorule
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

Just Ctrl+A will copy all the object from the sheet.

Then paste the copied sheet in the new sheet or wherever required.

Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I did try <CTRL + A> and paste.  It appears most of the objects were copied but some were not.  After looking into

it further, it appears objects inside a containers were not copied.  Is there any special sequence in handling these?  Thanks

Not applicable
Author

there are definately limitations with object in containers when either copying the sheet or container.  If you copy the object from the container, be careful because they will be linked, and you may not want that

roger_stone
Creator III
Creator III

Use CTRL-S as that will select the hidden objects as well as the visible ones.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

When I pressed CTRL+S in the source and pressed CTRL+V on the target sheet (2nd QVW), nothing happened

and nothing was pasted either.  Do I hit CTRL-S then CTRL-C on the source sheet and finally CTRL-V on the

target sheet??  (Actually I tried it, nothing happened either).  Can you explain?

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌ctrl-a, ctrl-c will not copy objects in a container. It will only copy the container itself. As a workarond, you can drag the objects out of the container before copying. Of course, you have to drag them back in on the target sheet. I know. It's a drag.

Rob

SunilChauhan
Champion II
Champion II

copying container will not copy all object inside container .you need to remove all objects  from container then do Control+A,Control+C and then to other app Control+V.

to make sure Data is available to New app. you can do binary load from one app to other. which will copy you data model from one to other.

Might help

Sunil

Sunil Chauhan
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you may try this.

Click on object inside container

Select "Clone" (This creates a copy of object outside container)

Change object ID of cloned object to value that is referenced in container properties

Copy object and paste in destination QVW.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK, this is what I've done:

1. Dragged all objects out of the container (source app)

2. Pressed CTRL+A, CTRL+C

3. Opened target app

4. Pressed CTRL+C

I noticed all the objects from the container now have new Object ID's as I was comparing them to new old container

objects.

5. Re-added all the objects back to the container.

Everything appeared to be fine (visually) - nothing was missing.

After clicking on various selections, I noticed the values in the charts which are inside the container are not

changing.  There are other objects on this sheet now have the same issue.  However there are some are working.

What do I need to do to fix this?  Once this is fixed, I think I'm good with everything copied over.

I appreciate everyone who has responded.