Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator

How to save a graph as an image and display it in the document

Hello all,

All is in the title

Is it possible within Qlikview to capture a graph and to display it in the same document, by clicking on a button?

Let me explain.

My Qlikview document is reloading every 5 minutes.

Users ask me to let the possibility to save on the fly a graph in order to compare old graph with new graph.

Is there a way to easily do this?

Thanks and Regards

Sara

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

See attached solution.

Please adapt path inside macro and inside PICTURE Chart according your environment.

Also have alook at the variables

Aufnahme_2018_06_20_18_03_48_871.gif

hope this helps

View solution in original post

3 Replies
marcus_sommer

I don't want to say that's impossible but I think I would try to flag the records ... By the first load of the day the records (from the fact-table) get the flag-value of 1, the next reload 5 minutes later flagged the new records with 2 and so on just adding 1 of the max. flag-value by the next new records.

With this preparing you could use expressions like this to show the n-latest version of the data:

sum({< Flag = {"<=$(=max(Flag)-$(n))"}>} Value)

whereby n could just a fix value of 1,2,... or a variable within an inputbox or maybe a selection from a special field (from a loosen table).

- Marcus

Frank_Hartmann
Master II
Master II

See attached solution.

Please adapt path inside macro and inside PICTURE Chart according your environment.

Also have alook at the variables

Aufnahme_2018_06_20_18_03_48_871.gif

hope this helps

sarafamiglietti
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello,

I adapted the macro like this:

Function ScreenShot

set v=ActiveDocument.Variables("vUser")

getUser = v.GetContent.String

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH116").ExportBitmapToFile "C:\Users\XXXXX\Pictures\screen"&getUser&".png"

End Function

With vUser = OSUser()

And it works!

Thanks a lot!