Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to save expression data created in straight table as a QVD File.

Dear Frieds

I have created a straight table calculating the standard deviation, Control limit, average etc. I want to export this data into a QVD file.

Please let me know how to go about it.

Rahul Kale

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Sure,

Go to Settings > Document Properties > Triggers tab > Document Event Triggers > On Post Reload > Add Actions > Add > External > Run Macro > type the macro name in the field.

You may need to add more than 1 action to be executed before running the macro, like clearing the selections, or applying certain selections. So just add them in the same "On Post Reload" trigger.

Reload (either manually/batch/server schedule) and your qvd will be updated

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Rahul,

Check this thread:

http://community.qlik.com/message/313121#313121

So your macro would like this:

sub straighttoqvd
    set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH02")
    obj.ExportEx "straight.qvd",4
end sub

or using the serverside function like stated in the link.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

hi JP

It works!

Do you how can we automate it so that with every reload the macro is executed automatically.

Pls share an example

Not applicable
Author

Sure,

Go to Settings > Document Properties > Triggers tab > Document Event Triggers > On Post Reload > Add Actions > Add > External > Run Macro > type the macro name in the field.

You may need to add more than 1 action to be executed before running the macro, like clearing the selections, or applying certain selections. So just add them in the same "On Post Reload" trigger.

Reload (either manually/batch/server schedule) and your qvd will be updated

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Can someone please help me to concatenate the chart data with today's date into a qvd/ excel file.

I am trying to store the numbers that are calculated/refreshed daily into a qvd file.

Above post helps me make a qvd from post-reload trigger, butu how to concatenate it daily with today() function.

Thanks for your help!