Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Suus
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to show List box values conditional?

Hi,

Hope someone can help with the following.

I have created a list box on a dimension Klantnaam in my app.

In this I show the expression value sum([Te Factureren Bedrag NC])+sum([Te Factureren Bedrag FP])

List Box.JPG.jpg

As you can see 'Abstergo' and 'Autolease' show a value of 0.

I would like them to turn 'grey', of exclude from the selection.

How do I achieve this?

Regards, Suzan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Suzan,

Please see the attached

Regards

Alan

View solution in original post

16 Replies
alexandros17
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The best option is to use a table or a Chart, not a list box,

with a chart you may exclude by dimension or setting "exclude 0 values"

simondachstr
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Did you try to suppress null values on the dimension property or suppress zero values on the presentation property?

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Create a List Box Expression to only show values greater than 0

IF(SUM([Te Factureren Bedrag NC]) + SUM([Te Factureren Bedrag FP]) >0 , [Klant Naam])

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You don't have many options when you display data like this in a list box. You could hide the elements containing 0 values by using a conditional expression in the list box - but this removes them so they are no longer visible.  You could also trigger a selection change that deselects those values - this will give them a grey unavailable background but this will prevent the display of the amount expression and cause the others to all turn green (selected).

Alternatively, change to pivot or straight table, but you will lose the horizontal flow...

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Sorry try this

2014-03-19_1129.png

veidlburkhard
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Suzan,

seems the list box is not the adaquate object for these kind of things. What you can try, if you will stick to the list box, is to go to the 'Sort' tab and mark sorting by 'Expression' where you enter your expression sum([Te Factureren Bedrag NC])+sum([Te Factureren Bedrag FP]) and click on 'Descending'. So only the high values are shown and normally you should not see the zero values.

If this is not feasible for you, please try a straight table.

Hope this helps

Burkhard

Suus
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, your expression gave an error.

I put this with altered brackets on Expression Tab, field 'Conditional', but nothing happens.

aggr(if(sum(([Te Factureren Bedrag NC])+sum([Te Factureren Bedrag FP]))>0,[Klant Naam]),[Klant Naam])

Suus
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks, tried this before asking the question on Community... Is ok, but not a real beauty ;-), so hope I find an even nicer answer...

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

Hi Suzan,

not on the Expression Tab

Create a List Box Expression and add

aggr(if(sum(([Te Factureren Bedrag NC])+sum([Te Factureren Bedrag FP]))>0,[Klant Naam]),[Klant Naam])

you would do it by selecting Expression from the drop down list on the list box properties, like below

2014-03-19_1153.png