Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lily
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to show all chart label and define expression for new cases

Hi All, 

How can I show all aging label in my chart although the value is null? As you can see in my chart below, the label for 15-21 days was not displayed. 

Another question is how can I define the expression of new cases as 'yes or 'no' in my table? Let say, the ticket was created on current month and year, then it's define as a new case which is 'Yes'. Otherwise, it will be 'No'. 

aging.PNG     table.PNG

Case by AgingNo of Cases
Today1
Yesterday1
2-7 days3
8-14 days2
15-21 days0
22-31 days2
32-60 days2
61-90 days6
> 3 months5

If you'll have good example for aging, please share with me as I'm still a newbie for qlikview. 

Thanks. 

5 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Best I can offer are the following Design Blog posts that may be helpful:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/The-Master-Calendar/ba-p/1471527

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/IntervalMatch/ba-p/1464547

If you want to search further on your own there, use the following link:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-Design-Blog/bg-p/qlik-design-blog

Hopefully those may give you some further ideas to pursue things.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
rushikale0106
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Lily ,

To answer your first question, the reason why data is not displaying for 15_21 days even if it has 0 value is because of the Suppress null value option in Object properties.

To disable it, and to show all the values from your dimension, go to Object Properties by right-clicking it.

Then, check for 'Suppress When Value is Null' in Dimension tab if it's checked. Then, Uncheck it.

Or, go to the Presentation tab, and in the bottom side, You'll again find 'Suppress Zero-Values', and uncheck it.

After pressing Ok, you will see all the dimension values in your chart.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

To answer your second question, use this expression in your Edit Script.

if(MonthStart(today())<=Created_Date, 'Yes', 'No') as New_Case

I hope these solutions might help you with your knowledge of Qlikview.

Best luck!

Regards,

Rushika

Lily
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @Brett_Bleess , 

Thank you for the info. Hope I can get an idea from your shared post. 

Lily
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi @rushikale0106

I have tried your solution, but it's same, the bucket 15-21 days not appear in chart. 

And for 2nd question, it's work fine. 

Btw, thank you for your help. 

Regards, 

Lily

rushikale0106
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi @Lily ,

Glad to help!

I believe for the first question, once check with data as well, if it's in proper integer type. And then try to create this table in other types of charts.

For example, if your main visualization type is the Bar chart, then start with simple table visual and try to debug the case step by step. The issue must be with suppressing zero values only. I will post again if I get any alternate solution.

Regards,

Rushi