Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

How to show results that have Null Value or No Record....?

Dear all,

This might sound like a strange one, I have had a request to show a chart/straight table of all customers that HAVEN'T ordered something.... I.e. Select Product1 and show all customers that have never ordered it or have no record for this item...

Is this possible, and if so, how would I go about it?

Many thanks for your help!

Kind Regards,
Dayna

8 Replies
Not applicable

Hi Danya,

Take a look at this, which might lead you in the right direction: http://community.qlik.com/forums/p/28151/108668.aspx#108668

Not applicable

Hi Dayna,

I reckon that you have a table Orders or sth like that which have a filed OrderID. When you create straight table with Customer field as a dimension and expression: count(distinct OrderID) you will see only those customers that have at least one order (those one that don't have any order will be suppressed by default because for them count(distinct ID)=0) .

Now change the expression for this table to: (count(distinct OrderID)-1)-(fabs(count(distinct OrderID)-1)). Now you should see Customers that do not have any Order associated with them. The result of the expression will be -2 (for customers that didnt order any product) so I would suggest to hide expression column in the Presentation tab of Straight Table properties.

Kind regards

Karol

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Karol,

Thank you so much for your detailed answer, but unfortunately a customer is only entered when they order a product. I need to be able to select a product and then show what customers haven't bought it. Any ideas?

Kind Regards,
Dayna

Not applicable

Hi Dayna,

Please find attached example that should clarify more the solution I provided.

If you still have an issue in your Qlikview Document then I would suggest to attach it and I will try to help you.

Regards

Karol

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Karol,

That's great, thank you very much for your help! I will try and see what I get.

Kind Regards,
Dayna

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hello Karol,

That's great, thank you very much for your help! I will try and see what I get.

Kind Regards,
Dayna

Not applicable

Hi,

I have enhanced the solution so that you can select multiple products, and see which customers either bought those products or did not buy the particular products selected.

hope this is of help,

Thank you Karol for the solution.... it did get the grey matter working,

Kind Regards,

Neil

Not applicable

No problem!

Regards

Karol