Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkg_qlik
Creator III
Creator III

How to solve the union problem in Qlikview?

Hi,

My question is as follows:

I have two tables: 1. Customer DIMENSION and AR AGING FACT TABLE

Now AR AGING TABLE contains only those customers which fall under Account Receivable (for e.g: pending balance etc)

On the other hand I have Customer Dimension Table which includes all the customer for the company.

Now at the report level I only want to see the CUSTOMER DETAILS (combination of DIMENSION + FACT ) for those falling in the FACT TABLE.

(FYI: CUSTOMERS in DIMENSION TABLE = or > CUSTOMER IN FACT TABLE)

But when I link both the FACT and DIMENSION with the CUSTOMER_ACCT_NUMBER as the KEY the Reports shows me the UNION of all the CUSTOMER instead of showing only the FACT CUSTOMER PROFILE.

Thanks.

H

2 Replies
Not applicable

H-

What do you mean by 'link'? Remember that Qlikview will automatically concatenate (union) tables that have an identical number of fields, with identical field names. To break this behavior, use NOCONCATENATE LOAD.. on the second table. Or perhaps you trying to join ? Perhaps you could post your script code, so we can have a look-

T

pover
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

If you want to eliminate the customers that are not in the fact table then you can do a left join or left keep between the 2 tables.

Otherwise you can keep the customer dimension table and in the GUI you can filter the customers to only show customers with something in the AR Aging Table. You should use a straight table to do this and not a table box.

Regards.