Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

How to sort in trelli Chart

Hi:

I would like to understand, how can we enable the sorting in trelli charts. In my case, I am showing Top 10 Vendors ie vendors who are selling more Materials for 3 consecutive Years. and for each year, I would like sort the value in descending order. how do I do that, so far the dimension is single it works fine, but when it exceeds one, the sorting does not work as  it should be. I tried to do sorting based on Expression, but that does not work in case of Trellis. Any timely help would be greatly appreciated.

Attached the qvw and please refer (sheet 7)  Top 10 vendors Trellis

Thanks & Regards,

Bimala

8 Replies
bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

@is this what you want?

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi: I have the personal addition, so I am afraid, if I can open. Kindly let me know, what changes you have made or can send me the image to verify. Thanks in advance.

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Bimala,

first sort

vendor sort like in expression

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

hi:

Since it is not in English, I am not sure what I have done is  as per your instruction or not.

What I have done is

For Vendor

Sort By Expression and given the expression  and selected Descending for year, I have selected Numeric Ascending, but the result I could see is only  it has worked for the largest.

Thanks & Regards,

Bimala

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

this is what I have entered

I have got this result

at least it is sorted by Vendors only. You should try AGGR-Function to get it sorted by vendor and year

bimala0507
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yes, I am also getting the same result. I was wondering, whether the value could be actually descending, but since it tries to order the same set of materials for each year. I wanted for each year arrange it in descending year. Is that doable ?

Sent from my iPhone

bumin
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

should be , but I am not sure if it works within the trelli. When I select one year the sort order is correct.

antoniotiman
Master III
Master III

Hi,

in trellis mode order is general for all dimensions and not for single dimension.

Then every chart follows general sort.

Regards,

Antonio