cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use the max or maxstring function

Hi,

I have a field called FYQTR that will store data like FY2016-QR4, FY2016-QR3,FY2016-QR2, FY2016-QR1 and so each year. I have created 2 additional fields to store the numbers FY & QTR that will have 2016 and 4 respectively.

So, I have the following expression:

=Count({1<FY={2016}, QTR={">03"} >} AutoID)

Because I want to count the AutoID that appears when the FY is 2016 and QTR is 4.

I want to make this automatically, so I am trying to use the maxstring function but is not working at all.

I have tried:

=Count({1<MaxString(FYQTR)>} AutoID)
But does not work, any idea on how can I have the same functionality but automatically.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

May be try this:

=Count({1<FYQTR = {"$(=MaxString(FYQTR))"}>} AutoID)

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

may be try with Dual() function

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Perhaps This, This will give count of AutoId Where FY is 2016 and QTR is 4 and then FYQTR the value is maxstring of FYQTR

=Count({1<FY={2016}, FYQTR = {"=$(MaxString(FYQTR))"}, QTR={'04'} >} AutoID)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What would be the correct way to use the Dual() function in my script example?

sunny_talwar

May be try this:

=Count({1<FYQTR = {"$(=MaxString(FYQTR))"}>} AutoID)

sunny_talwar

Anil the equal sign goes inside the dollar sign expansion (and not outside)

=Count({1<FY={2016}, FYQTR = {"=$(MaxString(FYQTR))"}, QTR={'04'} >} AutoID)

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Yes Sunny, I thought this might work. Because i've tried same expression with diff fields using set operator. But it is given Good result. Anyway, Thanks for the solvation. Please correct me if i am wrong

If we created one variable like below

LET V1 = MaxString(FYQTR)

This case, We are not using the =  Symbol, right? From this below expression we are not using the = Symbol, Right

=Count({1<FY={2016}, FYQTR = {"=$('$(V1)')"}, QTR={'04'} >} AutoID)

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the comments, everything worked properly with that.

sunny_talwar

Awesome