Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I Want to send alerts if there are data extract errors

Hi,

I am having the bellow excel sheet my requirement is to send email alert if reload of qvw fails, the content of that mail should be                              database name          QVWname              ScriptErrorDetails

for example if reload of  BiAttribLoad.qvw fails it has to send a mail containing details

Database Name-stcorpref 

QVWname - BiAttribLoad.qvw 

ScriptErrorDetails-SQL##f - SqlState: S1000, ErrorCode: 0, ErrorMsg: [DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Insufficient information to connect to the data source.

Thank full for suggestions.

Rakesh

2 Replies
maxgro
MVP
MVP

see attachment for some idea (script and alert)

I used a script to trigger an alert (variable vAlert) and another variable to store the error

the error is displayed in a popup after the reload (only when there is an error)

you should adapt to your excel, replace popup with mail  but the idea seems to work; hope it helps

SET ErrorMode=0;                                         // 0 = when error ignore failure, continue script execution

LET vAlert = 0; // 0 no alert, 1 alert

// wrong connection; throw an error

// replace with your load from excel

OLEDB CONNECT32 TO [Provider=OraOLEDB.Oracle.1;Persist Security Info=True;User ID=pippo;Data Source=dev11;Extended Properties=""] (XPassword is paperino);

// store error code and description

LET vError = ScriptError & ' - ' & ScriptErrorDetails;

// ? alert

if len(trim($(vError)))>0 then

// 1 to trigger alert on post reload

LET vAlert=1;

ENDIF;

// exit if alert

if $(vAlert) then

trace '$(vError)';

exit script;

end if;

// continue standard execution

set ErrorMode=1;  // default

LOAD DEPTNO,

DNAME,

LOC;

SQL SELECT *

FROM TEST.DEPT;

2.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for your valuable information  but this is not working out in my case, can you please  generate a application based on the excel sheet I had provided.