Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

I need new tenure days when title has changed to the employee

I have attached the sample data. In that data i have month wise data at the month end.I have tenure days based on the DOJ. When the employee changes from one position to another position the DoJ has to change when changed date of the title. And it has to be the DOJ.

From that date i need new tenure days for the current position. please help on this..

Thanks in Advance..

21 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be this:

Capture.PNG

Table:

LOAD Date#(CalDate, 'DD-MM-YYYY') as CalDate,

Empcode,

Month,

Year,

Title,

Date#(DOJ, 'DD-MM-YYYY') as DOJ

FROM

[..\..\..\Downloads\Sample (1).xlsx]

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

FinalTable:

LOAD *,

CalDate - NEW_DOJ as TenureDays;

LOAD *,

If(Empcode = Previous(Empcode),

If(Title = Previous(Title), Peek('NEW_DOJ'), CalDate), Alt(DOJ, CalDate)) as NEW_DOJ

Resident Table

Order By Empcode, CalDate;

DROP Table Table;

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Sunny,

If the OP creates a chart with Empcode & title as dimension and Sum(Tenuredays) this will return incorrect results.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Sunny..By using Flag Can u try..When title is changed.Caldate have to be Doj.But when using Flag that particular row oniy changing others rows not changed. Thats the problem i am facing.

Example:

Caldate              empcode            DOJ                   Title        TitleFlag        TempDoj            TENURE

30-01-2016                111                01-01-2016        clerk            0            01-01-2016            30

28-02-2016                111                28-01-2016        manager        1           28-02-2016            0

30-03-2016                111                 28-01-2016       manager        0            01-01-2016           88  answer 30

answer 28-02-2016

then repeating same DOJ in TempDOJ in that 28-01-2016 have to come..For this i have used order by empcode for creating titleflag..I need in this format sunny..Thanks in advance..Thanks for ur reply..

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

attached ver2

Vineeth Pujari
sunny_talwar

I don't really know what the finally output needs to be, but yes, you are right if that's what the intention is, then my proposed solution is not going to work.

Thanks,

Sunny

sunny_talwar

vinieme12‌ -

Since you pointed out something to me, let me return the favors .

Empcode = 111 seems to changed roles to SeniorSupervisor in Mar. How can he be in that role for 56 days?

Capture.PNG

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Sunny,

Please see the excel i posted, 56 is from 30-Mar to 25-May  ... the total duration for which 111 has been recorded as a seniorsuperviosy,

Also Ver2 has been modified for correct results

Vineeth Pujari
sunny_talwar

Sorry, but I am not sure I understand the reason to do it this way. But again, I might be wrong here and OP probably needs what you have proposed

sunny_talwar

First of all, we don't have your script and we are not sure how you are creating flag here. Second, what we have provided thus far isn't giving you what you wanted?? If it isn't then may be we share your script and we might be able to look for issues there.

Best,

Sunny

hemachandran
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

sam.pngw

when i ur done qvw reload  New_DOJ coming worng Sunny..Thanks for ur reply..