Contributor
Contributor

IE Plugin crashes Internet Explorer when opening a report

Hi everyone,

We use the following setup:
Server 12.10.20700.0
Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.19204IS
IE Plugin 12.30.20300

When choosing a report the "Print" dialogue opens. No matter what I do (printing on real paper, printing a PDF, cancel the print dialogue) the Internet Explorer crashes, showing an hourglass. I need to end the process from the Task Manager. The document will still be printed, but the Internet Explorer is completely inaccessible.

Maybe someone had the same issue and knows how to handle this?

Thank you

Florian

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should not be running different version of the Plugin client than your QlikView Server, the versions should be in sync.  Currently you jumped two major point releases ahead and the 12.30 track has major changes that your QVS instance does not, so that is likely what is going on in this case, you need to downgrade the Plugin to 12.10 to match the server or get the server upgraded to the 12.30 release as well.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

You should not be running different version of the Plugin client than your QlikView Server, the versions should be in sync.  Currently you jumped two major point releases ahead and the 12.30 track has major changes that your QVS instance does not, so that is likely what is going on in this case, you need to downgrade the Plugin to 12.10 to match the server or get the server upgraded to the 12.30 release as well.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.