Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kishoreravi1983
Contributor III
Contributor III

If Condition on 4 Columns

Hi Friends,

Please help me write a if condition for below scenario.

Attached the Data file.

Currenty i have tried this way..but its not coming correct:

If(ScopingComplete='Yes' or GovernanceComplete ='Yes' and ScopingStartDate= Null(),'Gray',
If(ScopingComplete='No' or GovernanceComplete ='No' and ScopingStartDate= Null(),'Blue',
If(ScopingComplete='No' or GovernanceComplete ='Yes' and NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate, Today())>=0 and NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate, Today()) <=10,'Green',
If(ScopingComplete='Yes' or GovernanceComplete ='No' and NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate, Today())>10 and NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate, Today())<=25,'Orange', 'Red')))) as NEW,

What i am getting is only two values in below table

RESULTRESULT

Please help me on this regards.

Thank you!

Ravi

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ashok_rajm
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can try below syntax.  This might help.

If(ScopingComplete='Yes' and GovernanceComplete ='Yes' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Gray',
If(ScopingComplete='No' and GovernanceComplete ='No' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Orange',
If(ScopingComplete='Yes' and GovernanceComplete ='No' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Blue',
If(ScopingComplete='No' and GovernanceComplete ='Yes' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Blue',
if(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())<=10,'Green',
   if(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())>10 and Days<=25,'Orange',
      if(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())>25,'Red'))))))) as New

View solution in original post

6 Replies
lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

you only get the two first values because you have the for option covered in the first two statements 

i assume you wanted to group the or statement and than check the and statement 

so you need to warp the or statement in brackets like this 

f((ScopingComplete='Yes' or GovernanceComplete ='Yes' )and ScopingStartDate= Null(),'Gray',

lironbaram
Partner - Master III
Partner - Master III

hi

you only get the two first values because you have the for option covered in the first two statements 

i assume you wanted to group the or statement and than check the and statement 

so you need to warp the or statement in brackets like this 

if((ScopingComplete='Yes' or GovernanceComplete ='Yes' )and ScopingStartDate= Null(),'Gray'

ashok_rajm
Contributor III
Contributor III

You can try below syntax.  This might help.

If(ScopingComplete='Yes' and GovernanceComplete ='Yes' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Gray',
If(ScopingComplete='No' and GovernanceComplete ='No' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Orange',
If(ScopingComplete='Yes' and GovernanceComplete ='No' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Blue',
If(ScopingComplete='No' and GovernanceComplete ='Yes' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Blue',
if(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())<=10,'Green',
   if(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())>10 and Days<=25,'Orange',
      if(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())>25,'Red'))))))) as New

kishoreravi1983
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Ashok,
with a Bit change in the code the solution is working fine now. Thanks a lot for quick reply
If(ScopingComplete='Yes' and GovernanceComplete ='Yes' ,'Gray',
If(ScopingComplete='No' and GovernanceComplete ='No' and IsNull(ScopingStartDate),'Blue',
If(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate, Today())>=0 and NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate, Today()) <=10,'Green',
If(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())>10 and NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate, Today())<=25,'Orange',
If(NetWorkDays(ScopingStartDate,Today())>25,'Red'))))))) as NEW,

manoranjan_321988
Contributor
Contributor

the reason why its faling is because you are using OR

example 1

0 or 1 then 1->true

1 or 0 then 1 ->true

always your condition will be true

so if you use and

then it will be good

example 2: