Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
has75042
Creator
Creator

If statement scripting help

I have a if statement

if (STATUS = '2', date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD')) ,null()) as Status_Date,

However, I need to add another date format date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD')) in the else condition.

Is it possible?

Any help would be appreciative. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

Do you really need to look for status 2? What if you do like this instead? First look for YYYYMMDD and if that does not return any value then try to look for YYMMDD.

LOAD 
ALT(date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD')),date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD'))) as Date,
//if (STATUS = '2', date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD')) ,date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD'))) as Status_Date
 inline [
ID, STATUS, DAT, 		AMOUNT
1, 	2, 		160101, 	10
2,	1,		20160101,	11
3,	2, 		191231,		12
4, 	1,		20191231,	14
];

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Vegar
MVP
MVP

image.png

Consider this example script:

LOAD 
if (STATUS = '2', date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD')) ,date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD'))) as Status_Date
 inline [
1, 	2, 		160101, 	10
2,	1,		20160101,	11
3,	2, 		191231,		12
4, 	1,		20191231,	14
];

has75042
Creator
Creator
Author

This is my actual script

if( STATUS = '3', date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD')) ,
if (STATUS = '5',date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD')) ,
if(STATUS = '2', date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD')),
if(STATUS = '4', date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD')) ,null())))) as Status_Date,

I need to add two  difference date format in then condition for status =2

Vegar
MVP
MVP

I'm sorry, but I don't understand. What's the issue with your if statement? Why does it not suit your needs? Please explain. Maybe you can give us a sample of input data together with a description of the expected output.
has75042
Creator
Creator
Author

Sorry for the confusion.

The issue I have is that I have two different date format for status 2

One format is in 'YYMMDD' and another one is in 'YYYYMMDD'. Please see the attached pic

The logic is breaking because then condition for status 2 is only looking for this date format 'YYMMDD'.  I want it to look for both format  'YYMMDD and 'YYYYMMDD'

if(STATUS = '2', date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD')),

Hope this make some more sense. 

Vegar
MVP
MVP

Do you really need to look for status 2? What if you do like this instead? First look for YYYYMMDD and if that does not return any value then try to look for YYMMDD.

LOAD 
ALT(date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD')),date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD'))) as Date,
//if (STATUS = '2', date(Date#(DAT,'YYMMDD')) ,date(Date#(DAT,'YYYYMMDD'))) as Status_Date
 inline [
1, 	2, 		160101, 	10
2,	1,		20160101,	11
3,	2, 		191231,		12
4, 	1,		20191231,	14
];

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Has, did Vegar's final post get you what you needed?  If so, please be sure to come back to the post and use the Accept as Solution button on that post to give him credit and let others know did what you needed.  If you are still working on things, please leave an update.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.