Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkusG
Contributor III
Contributor III

Ignore filter

Hello everybody,

I have a question regarding how to ignore a filter.

Usualy it works in all other columns and charts but not here where i like to display the workingdays for each month even when i have selected a specific month.

I need to select a specific month due to show the performance in a different chart.

Here is my formula:

NetWorkDays(
min({<Department={'Printing'}, Monat=, Quartal=>}Datum),max({<Department={'Printing'}, Monat=, Quartal=>}Datum),
'01.01.2021','15.03.2021','02.04.2021','05.04.2021','24.05.2021','20.08.2021','01.11.2021','24.12.2021','25.12.2021')

here a screenshot with seleced February:

MarkusG_0-1615814032765.png

here without selection, how it should be displayed even with a month selected:

MarkusG_1-1615814105970.png

Can somebody help me?

Thank you and best regards

Markus

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

I've attempted to replicate what you say you are doing on my end (in QS, but it's the same thing) and I'm getting the result you seem to be expecting after selecting Feb 2020:

Or_0-1615901401303.png

Are you perhaps selecting on a different field from the one contained within the table? Are other selections interfering with the formula? I'm not really sure what else might be the problem, but the base formula seems to be working fine under the circumstances you described.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Or
MVP
MVP

It looks like you are explicitly ignoring the selection on the Monat (month?) field in your set analysis for the min and max formula, so that might be your problem here?

benvatvandata
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Have you tried using set modifiers in your expression? i.e. put '1' in between '{' and '<'... so '{1<'...

Perhaps something like:

NetWorkDays(
min({1<Department={'Printing'}, Monat=, Quartal=>}Datum),max({1<Department={'Printing'}, Monat=, Quartal=>}Datum),
'01.01.2021','15.03.2021','02.04.2021','05.04.2021','24.05.2021','20.08.2021','01.11.2021','24.12.2021','25.12.2021')

MarkusG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, thanks for your help, but then my entiere selection is ignored.

MarkusG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi,

thanks for your help.

1st: Monat = Month, right.

2nd: yes I like to ignore in that table the selection of an month and show the entiere year with the each month. the poblem is that i have to do a month selection due to objects in which i just show the actual or current month.

Thanks

Or
MVP
MVP

You can't both ignore the selections on a field and respect the selections on the same field... you have to either pick one of the two, or use a second field (or alternate state) for the selections you want to respect.

MarkusG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Oh nono,

not the same field.I need to be more precise.

Look:

MarkusG_0-1615899450843.png

here are the selection without a month but then in a different graph with a different deffinition the result is wrong because there i like to see just the data for February for e.g.

MarkusG_1-1615899653959.png

all other columns are doing it right, even when i ignore the selection for a month they display it right, only that column didn´t work like that

Or
MVP
MVP

I've attempted to replicate what you say you are doing on my end (in QS, but it's the same thing) and I'm getting the result you seem to be expecting after selecting Feb 2020:

Or_0-1615901401303.png

Are you perhaps selecting on a different field from the one contained within the table? Are other selections interfering with the formula? I'm not really sure what else might be the problem, but the base formula seems to be working fine under the circumstances you described.

MarkusG
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you for checking the formula, so anything else seems to be the problem.

I look further on