Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignore one dimension in a more complex expression

Hi,

I have tried to figure out how to solve the following problem but no solution jet:

I have sales data with username1 and call center data with username2. Those two tables have no connections, username format is the same but field name is different. The structure of data mudel is complex and I don't want to connect those two tables by renaming fields.

But is it possible in a chart to have 2 dimensions: username1 and username2 and then 2 expressions, one which calculates only over username 1 and the other which calculates only over username2 ? And both calculations are on the same row based on username.

I tried to accomplish but the  expression is not ignoring my first dimension.

I found a similar discussion ignore dimension in expression but this dosn't work for me since I have a more complex expression.

My first expression looks like:

Sum({< Year={$(vSelectedYear)},Month={$(vSelectedMonth)},team_name={"$(vSelectedTeam)"},service_name={'*'}>}Sales)

Any ideas?

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I wouldn't say it will be impossible to create such expression but I suggest you rethink your datamodel to connect all your tables properly. It's quite expensive to solve problems within the gui which are caused within the datamodel. Have a look on these postings: https://community.qlik.com/search.jspa?q=star+model&type=document

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

Ok, I concatenated some of my fact tables in the datamodel and now I have what I need