Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
erikzions
Creator
Creator

Images in Table displaying wrong

I have a butterfly chart in a straight table that I built with embedded images.  It has broken for no reason that I can find.  It is displaying the wrong image, even though it is referencing the correct one.  See example below.  I have bundled the images and have a formula that is dynamically selecting the correct image.  (I am doing it this way because the other option of using a mini chart creates an ugly white underline when viewed in AJAX.)

I can't find anything to explain this behavior.  Is there any advice out there?

I am attaching a fake dashboard with the original object at the bottom.  The one I used with fake data unfortunately works with the smaller data set, so you can't see the broken example.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

Why are you using images? You can do it with Linear Gauge.

It seems that your images on QVD are wrong.

Kind regards.

erikzions
Creator
Creator
Author

I am using images because a linear gauge displays incorrectly in AJAX.  In order to have the left bar extend from the right, you must invert the bar and display the background.  When AJAX displays the background it puts a white border around it which destroys the illusion of the chart. 

But you are correct, it is much easier with the gauge.  And my images are not wrong.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

Could you share your QVD and images folder for analyze it?

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

Viewing your expression on Var(-):

if(Dimensionality() <> 0  //Percentages are multiplied by 99 instead of 100 to try an compensate for a bug when showing the bar at 100

,if(MaxVar < 0

,'qmem://ImageID/green' & round(MaxVar  * 99)

,null()//'qmem://ImageID/red0'

)

,null()//'qmem://ImageID/red0'

)

I think it will be red, not green.

Kind regards.

erikzions
Creator
Creator
Author

Here are the Images and the QVD loader.  I don't think the issue is here.  When I adjust the column width in my charts, the error is corrected temporarily. 

erikzions
Creator
Creator
Author

I have the code commented out after the nulls.  That is the only place red is mentioned.  I should have removed those comments for clarity.  sorry.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Erik,

It seems a bug, use Keep with Aspect, it works for me.

Kind regards