Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Import Excel formulas in QV

Hi, I want to load a excel sheet in QV, but the formulas as =A1+B1+C1 appears like a number '0'. This is my script:

Directory;

LOAD RowNo() AS Fila,

[Nº CUENTA],

CUENTA,

Resultado

FROM

PlantillaCuentasAnuales.xlsx

(ooxml, embedded labels, table is PD);

The 'Resultado' column has formulas, I want to have these in text. Can I get this?

Thanks.

6 Replies
prieper
Master II
Master II

Guess that the "Resultado" is formatted as text, thus the formula is not calculated in Excel, but shown as formula.

You may load as TEXT(Resultado).

HTH Peter

Not applicable
Author

The formula en Excel is calculated, but I want to get the formula, not the result...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I don't think it is possible... QlikView will get only the result of your formula as Excel calculate the formula on that field.

You should create a new column in your Excel file where you copy-paste your formula without the first sign "=" then it will be a text for Excel and QlikView will get it as a text.

PrashantSangle

Hi,

This is not possible.

In Qlikview you have to write expression for this.

Regards

Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
prieper
Master II
Master II

Would like to see the Excel - or a sniplet of it,

can you please post?

Peter

Not applicable
Author

The best solution I've found is add a column using =FORMULATEXT(A1) and using this column in QV.

Thanks at all.