Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Include $ sign on vertical axis

Hi,

I've looked at some of the settings for this bar chart I have and didn't find what I was looking for.

qv15.jpg

How do I include the dollar sign ($) on the vertical axis?  Example, I want to show $5,000,000, $10,000,000

Thank you

29 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Please see the attached qvw file.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry I didn't notice you had attached a qvw file before I uploaded mine.  If I follow your sample, the only fiscal year that will work is 2012.  The other years do not work.

sunny_talwar

Its probably not the perfect, but check it out

sunny_talwar

I guess the static step in your case would be like this:

Max(Aggr(Sum(Total), FiscalYear))

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The above step will not work.  It only shows one data point on the Y-axis.  The one you attached in "Sample3.qvw" actually works much better for this set of data.  But anyway thanks so much for your help.  I got some ideas now.

sunny_talwar

Hahahahaha I forgot to type /5

Max(Aggr(Sum(Total), FiscalYear))/5

This is what I meant . Apologize for all confusions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

One last question for the day.  How would you make "5" to be dynamic in the above step code?  If I had 10 years, the above would fail to work properly, right?

sunny_talwar

5 is used for how many data points you want to see on the Y-Axis. This would not be impacted by changes on the number of values on x-axis. Does that make sense?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ah... Got you.  Thanks

sunny_talwar

No problem at all, if you are satisfied and have resolved you issue, I would suggest to close this thread by marking correct and helpful responses.

Qlik Community Tip: Marking Replies as Correct or Helpful

Best,

Sunny