Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebc
Employee
Employee

Incorrect Minimum Value

In this scenario I have a table of many entries for a given entity (Brokers) with an associated value (Discount %). I am calculating the total Discount % for each Broker and want to find the min, max, and average of all Broker entities. Max and average appear to work but the minimum value always shows 0.0% which is incorrect.

Min Question.png

Thoughts?

Thanks!

-Eric

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=num(min(aggr(IF($(vDiscount)>0,$(vDiscount)),Broker)),'#0.0%')

View solution in original post

4 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

=num(min(aggr(IF($(vDiscount)>0,$(vDiscount)),Broker)),'#0.0%')

prieper
Master II
Master II

Please check the individual records, actually the result is 0, but hidden in the view.

Your variable "vDiscount" consists out of the fllwg formula (select 5%Mileage):

$(vCalc5LowMileage) /  sum(counter).

The denominator has always a value, but the result of your variable "vCalc5LowMileage" is often "0", thus the resulting calculation is also "0" and the minimum value over all records is "0" as well.

So suggest to modify your expressions/variables

Edit: check a formula like

=num(IF($(vDiscount) <> 0, $(vDiscount)),'#0.0%')

HTH Peter

ebc
Employee
Employee
Author

This is interesting. Is the following a correct statement then?

Despite using the min function outside of the aggr function (as I do in the Text KPI object) the evaluation of minimum value actually interprets the calculation of every denominator (despite the conditional IF logic and the aggregated result).

e.g.

=num(min(aggr($(vDiscount),Broker)),'#0.0%')

vDiscount = IF(condition, sum(x)/sum(counter),

IF(condition2, sum(x2)/sum(counter) .....))

Many thanks!

-Eric

prieper
Master II
Master II

Dear Eric,

It looks as if the entire calculation is made, before the instruction "Suppress Zero-Values" in the Presentation-tab is evaluated.

Probably the cracks will know it better, but find this phenomen quite interesting

Peter