Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Incorrect values when associated with the dimension

Hi,

I have created a table with outline as shown below:

Table1

Load

UniqueID,
'Year Forecast'
as Dimension

Resident main;

Left Join(Table1)

Temp:

Load
UniqueID,
Manager1,

Manager2,

Manager3

Resident Table2;

Temp table is pulling the mentioned fields from another table called Table2 using Resident Load.

In the front end, I am building a Straight Chart with

'Dimension' as my Dimension

&

Expression, which is a sum of three different fields ( sum(field1) + sum(field2) + sum(field3)).

But I don't see the expression validating properly. I only get the value of sum(field1) in the chart.

Surprisingly, when I used the same expression in a Text Box, I see the right value.

What might be the issue here? It's literally the same fields and same expression. Then why do I see the correct value in the textbox but not in the chart?

Could it be the dimension?

I really appreciate it if someone answers it ASAP as I am stuck at this issue for a long time now and my next operation depends on building this.

20 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

The values will be changed based on your selections and it is how qlikview works. So based on your selections the dimension will be ignored while using the Total function.

If you think I misread your question can you please be little more specific on the question.

Not applicable
Author

The new expression gives me the right values.

Year Forecast

$$

But when I click on the Year Forecast Dimension, the $$ values are changing and not playing correctly with other fields.

This is a Straight Table

sunny_talwar

You want to ignore selection in Year Forecast field?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Do you want to ignore the selection in "Year Forecast Field" ?

Not applicable
Author

Sunny, if you see my script on how I am creating the Dimension- Year Forecast,

I might not be able to use the 'Year Forecast' in Set Analysis as it is an explicitly created dimension but not coming from a column.

Not applicable
Author

'Year Forecast' is a Dimension that I am creating in the script. It is not present in any of the fields of any table. So when I click on Year Forecast dimension, I should be able to see the same value just as before I selected the Dimension. But the values are changing.

sunny_talwar

This I guess:

Not applicable
Author

In a way, Yes Thirumala, I need to ignore the selection of Dimesion 'Year Forecast' so that the values don't change upon selecting 'Year Forecast'.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Then I think as Sunny suggested might be the following:

Not applicable
Author

As I said, the Dimension is not present in any table by default. I am creating the Dimension, 'Year Forecast' as Dimension in the script. In that case, I am not able to use it in Set analysis.