Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II

Incremental Load Help advice

Hi,

I am currently have a scheduled task that is creating a qvd that is taking on average 45 minutes. Obviously this is taking a big hit on the server performance, making other shceduled tasks taking while to run.

The document that creates the qvd is reloading the same orders again, how do i check the original qvd created and see if that order already exist and then only load new ones from the database.

Has anyone got a understanding script or qvd with a example excel spreadsheet that would show a good example.

Thanks

14 Replies
tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

It's hard to tell. Does qvd file exist? Check the "generate logfile" in document properties before reload, then you can see where it fails.

Btw, you missed the directory path in the STORE line.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Tanei,

Where are the log files kept as I have done the following:

Uncommented the directory path (Whatever that is meant to do?)

Reloaded the script but still get "Execution of script failed. Reload old data"

Gone to Settings > Document Properties > Generate Logfile

Thanks

tanelry
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

QV help file wants to be your friend (it is mine almost daily).

Anyway, .log file will be created next to .qvw.

And "Directory  ;" lets you specify read/store location of files just once so you only need filename in the following load statements, instead of full path each time. No need to use it though, if confusing.

ivandrago
Creator II
Creator II
Author

Hi Tanei,

This works now, looks like it was a locking issue with the qvd, so I deleted the qvd and reloaded this again and working fine.

Thanks for your help!

Not applicable

Check the properties of the folder where the qvd files are stored and change the attributes to full access. (Mind you, one needs to be logged in as an administrator to make changes from Read Only to Full access).