Skip to main content
Announcements
Customer Spotlight: Discover what’s possible with embedded analytics Oct. 16 at 10:00 AM ET: REGISTER NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
navaneeth79
Contributor II
Contributor II

Incremental Load

I have a QVW where the excel data is loaded and stored in qvd from many sheets of excel sheet using odbc connection. Now I want the qvd to be incremented with the latest data retaining the old data in the qvd when the excel is replaced.

21 Replies
navaneeth79
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

old data fetched from old excel workbook

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

But here you are already concatenating the new file data with old file, then what's the issue?

navaneeth79
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

the old data is getting replaced by new data instead of appending

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Maybe you are just missing a backslash here in your path?

Store ResponseTime into
[$(QVDPath)ResponseTime.qvd]
(
qvd);

navaneeth79
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I have placed everything right, while removing comments I by mistakenly removed the backslash

stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi,

when you concatenate the Old data, you should have a Where not Exists(Keyfield).

Keyfield is here probabll ResponseTimestamp

Concatenate (ResponseTime)
LOAD * from [$(QVDPath)\ResponseTime.qvd](qvd)

Where not Exists(Keyfield).

;

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you want to keep all historic data, there is no need for a WHERE NOT EXISTS() clause.

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Your code seems fine, dunno why you are getting such issue, need to debug!

Let me check

navaneeth79
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I removed drop table and checked the data in a straight table and can see that old data is also present along with new data but when I open the QVD I cant find the old data

swuehl
MVP
MVP

Double check that the QVD is actually updated by your script (Last Modification Timestamp).

I still have the doubt that you are storing the QVD to another location than you are reading from.