Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.
I have below high level understanding of incremental load and Qlikview workflow- given scenario where we receive data files on daily basis , please correct me if I am wrong or missing something
Qlikview version : Qlikview 11
1. Import records from data files into DB tables
2. Use incremental load procedure for uploading new records from DB tables into Dashboard by using multiple qvd files (each qvd file belongs to one particular table)
3. Create Data model and apply transformations(if required)
4. Develop UI (charts, security etc)
5. Change the QVDs and QVW files path based on Root folder on server
6. Move all QVDs and QVW file from local system to Root folder on Qlikview Server (Assuming same records are available on Prod DB server)
7. Create Publisher task on Qlikview Server which will move QVD and QVW files inside Access Point folder
To upload daily updated records we will have to run incremental load every day
First thing you need to say Fresh/Updated data & Qlikview (Not incremental load)
2. create Qvd's files as a source (It is Fully load in Incremental load type) for different tables
a table a.qvd
b table b.qvd....x table xqvd
3.Create Data Model by using different joins/Concatenation/Keep...Load types...Functions
(it is better to create Data Model without Synthetic tables & Circular Loops)
4.Now create Different sheets as per your client requirement using with different objects with in Sheets.
1) create Folder structure for a perticular project(Here only u need to maintain all files)
2)After that in QMC u need to schedule the jobs
3)Check the dashboards at Access point as per your credentials.
View solution in original post