cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
twanqlik
Creator
Creator

Incremental load - merging 2 tables

I've a simple incremental load statement that i'm currently testing with  a sample data set of 526 records in a test table (CON_ACTIVITY).

Every time i run the script the QVD grows in size, to be more specific, when i do a count on of the fields, it multiplies with every load. This is unexpected for me, because the test data set is not growing.

I removed the where conditions in the script to make it easier understandable. Basically what i'm hoping to achieve:

1. I load data from the CON_ACTIVITY table

2. I load data from a QVD, same format.

3. I place the data in 1 table, and Qlikview merges the duplicates. This works when i view the data in a table box, but the size of the QVD grows, and the count on the fields also increases with every load, hence, Qlikview is saving the duplicated records.

I also tried a Concatenate function, but this also resulted in a growing table. What am i doing wrong here?

TEMP_D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY:

SELECT

ACTIVITY_TYPE_CODE_FK as ACTIVITY_TYPE,

ACTIVITY_DATE_TIME as ACTIVITY_DATE,

CONSUMER_FK_ID as CONSUMER_ID_FK 

FROM $(TAP).CON_ACTIVITY;

OUTER JOIN

LOAD

ACTIVITY_TYPE,

ACTIVITY_DATE,

CONSUMER_ID_FK

FROM $(QVDpath)D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY_1000_DAYS.qvd (qvd);

NoConcatenate

D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY:

LOAD

ACTIVITY_TYPE,

ACTIVITY_DATE,

CONSUMER_ID_FK

RESIDENT TEMP_D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY;

STORE D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY into $(QVDpath)D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY_1000_DAYS.qvd (qvd);

DROP Table TEMP_D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY;

DROP Table D_CAMPAIGN_ACTIVITY;

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
marcus_sommer

The logic should be look more like:

Table:

select UniqueKey, Field1, Field2 ... from Source;

concatenate(Table)

load UniqueKey, Field1, Field2 ... from qvd where not exists(UniqueKey);

A tablebox without adding an UniqueKey field to it is only partly suitable to check which data are available. Without a real UniqueKey in the data you could use recno() and/or rowno() within the table-load to make the records of the tablebox unique.

- Marcus

View solution in original post

1 Reply
marcus_sommer

The logic should be look more like:

Table:

select UniqueKey, Field1, Field2 ... from Source;

concatenate(Table)

load UniqueKey, Field1, Field2 ... from qvd where not exists(UniqueKey);

A tablebox without adding an UniqueKey field to it is only partly suitable to check which data are available. Without a real UniqueKey in the data you could use recno() and/or rowno() within the table-load to make the records of the tablebox unique.

- Marcus