Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inert row in Fact Table

Hi Guys,

Can any1 try out how to add a dynamic row within a fact table.

In my attachment i have given the raw data in "Data Sheet" & the output required in another sheet.

Thanks for help 🙂

Rgds,

Srini

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

edit: added updated example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

7 Replies
ToniKautto
Employee
Employee

What exactly is the issue you are observing?

Are you intending to load the two sheets and want to know how to only load the additional row from the second sheet?

Is the question about how to add one row to an existing table?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks, just to give you some background.

If you see the first sheet in excel is the Raw data to be loaded in to qlikview & the "Output Required" is the sheet thats what i am trying to acheive from the script but not in front end expression.

Its the cummulative figure month on month.

In my case as per the first Excel sheet "Data" there is not record for May 2012, hence i need to insert dynamically a to get the May 2012 YTD (Apr 2012 + May 2012) as well and then for Jun 2012 it will be (Apr 2012 + May 2012 + Jun 2012) and on and on...

hope i am able to clear the doubt

Rgds,

srini

Gysbert_Wassenaar

See attached example.

edit: added updated example

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Thanks once again for your help 🙂

just guessing if this will work for a 1 Million rows in a single fact table, where as i have close to 17 such fact tables where in i have to apply this logic.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

Just need one more help from you, in case if i have the data in the attached format & can your script run on every unique Key (its combination of GL Code, Company Code, State Code and Brand Code) and the Month on Month Accumulation should happen on every unique Key.

Hence i have also given the output required in the second sheet.

can you share your though process on it.

Thanks in advance 🙂

Rgds,

srini

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

gysbert a quick and to the point solution...keep it up

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Guys... Have done it, infact there is one more rule to be written on top of the above req, as it has to run for every Fiscal year wise for each Unique Key.

Srini