Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III

Override field selection in pivot table

Hi,

I was looking for a way to override the selection of any field in a pivot chart with a custom selection based on the values of other fields in the clicked row.

Here is an example to explain my problem :

dim1
dim2
dim3
dim4expr1

The red cell is where the user clicks, it could be the dim4 aswell, or any other dimension or expression.

What i want is to override the selection of the field dim3 and instead select always the fields dim1 and dim2 of the same row.

I need this behavior because i am working on a master - detal report where the detail chart can be viewed only when one dim1 and one dim2 are selected (or are unique values).

Is there a way to accomplish this?

I was thinking of using the OnSelect event of all the fields but i am not sure if i can avoid the selection of the actual clicked field.

Thanks in advance.

Edit : I am on QV Server 11 SR2

3 Replies
Not applicable

You could use the Set Analysis :

Let say your expression is :Sum({$<dim3 = >} Sales). it returns the sum of sales but with the selection of dim3 removed.

claudio1
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

bennaniomar ha scritto:

You could use the Set Analysis :

Let say your expression is :Sum({$<dim3 = >} Sales). it returns the sum of sales but with the selection of dim3 removed.

I don't think i can use this approach, i need dim1 and dim2 to be selected or to have a possiblecount of 1 because in the detail chart i have this calculation condition :

=GetPossibleCount(dim1) =1 and GetPossibleCount(dim2) = 1

In my master chart though i can have different combinations of dim1 and dim2 values, in some cases i have several dim2 values for the same dim1 value for example, and i want only one combination of dim1 and dim2 to be selected when the user clicks.

I don't know, maybe i am ignoring a far simpler way to solve this problem...

Not applicable

In your databse create a numeric feild based on the weightage of dim2.

then use firstsortedvalue() func. without any aggregate function in your expressions

You should be able to achieve want you want if u have any more queries please do share.

Best Regards,

Gaurav Tyagi