Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III

Inline List Boxes not clearing for other list boxes

Hello

I have a list box (List Box 1) which is built from an inline statement and when the user clicks on an option from this list box, either a graph appears or an additional inline List Box (List Box 2) appears

If the user selects from the additional list box List Box 2), then a graph will also appear

However if the user then goes back to choose a different option from List Box 1, the selections from List Box 2 do not clear and the filter remains

Could someone kindly help me as I need to know how I can clear the selection from List Box 2, once the user goes back to make a different selection from List Box 1

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Kind Regards

Helen

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Helen,

You can add a document trigger to clear the field after a selection has been made on List Box 1.  Under settings, go to document properties, click on the triggers tab, on the field event triggers section find the field that is being used for List Box 1, then select it's OnChange properties to clear the field being used in List Box 2.

Hope that helps!

Sean

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Not applicable

Helen,

it is rather not problem of inline ...

May you attach sample app?

Maybe you have somewhere "Always One Selected"?

regards

Darek

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

Document Properties  -    Triggers  --   Field event triggers  ---   On select  -- Add Action     -   Clear Field (Listbox(1)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Helen,

You can add a document trigger to clear the field after a selection has been made on List Box 1.  Under settings, go to document properties, click on the triggers tab, on the field event triggers section find the field that is being used for List Box 1, then select it's OnChange properties to clear the field being used in List Box 2.

Hope that helps!

Sean

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello,

Thank you for your response.  You kind suggestions does definatley clear the data values, which is great, however my current selections box still has the Value from List Box 2 showing

Do you kidnly have a suggestion how I can get the current selections box to only show the current selections, so my users are not confused with what they currently have selected

Many Thanks

Helen

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hello Sean

Thank you for your reply, that is very kind

Your suggestion does work for me and does clear the values of List Box 2, however my current selections box is still showing as though a value from List Box 2 is selected (Even though the values have been cleared)

Do you kindly have a suggestion as to how I can clear the selections box to only show the current selections, and not display list box 2 anymore

Kind Regards

Helen

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

I am not sure what you mean. If you are selecting Listbox 2 and making Listbox 1 clear, then listbox 2 is selected .So it appears in current selections.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Try this instead:

On document properties -> Triggers -> field event triggers, create an OnSelect statement for the field used in List Box 1.  Create a new action "select in field" and under the field property, type in the field name for List Box 2.  Leave the search string box blank.  That should clear the field in List Box 2 and remove it from the current selection box.

Cheers!

Sean

helen_pip
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sean

Thank you very much...This has worked for me

Thanks

Helen

venkatg6759
Creator III
Creator III

Check if you are using always one selected value in your listbox .See the attachment