Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Box using Inline Tables

Hi all,

In my Qlikview Application I'm using input boxes for dropdown navigation that's present on every sheet in the application. All the sheets are correctly displayed in the input box dropdown, but when I choose one of the options, they're taking me to the wrong sheet. I double checked to make sure the Sheet IDs are correct and they are.

In Input Box Properties -> Constraints I have the Listed Values checked and used this as my expression:

=concat([SalesSheets], ',')

My inline table below

SalesSheets:

LOAD * INLINE [

SalesSheets, SheetID1

1.Option 1, SH24

2.Option 2, SH09

3.Option 3, SH14

4.Option 4, SH17

5.Option 5, SH25

6.Option 6, SH05

7.Option 7, SH54

8.Option 8, SH55

];

Does anyone know how this can be fixed?  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sean

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi sean ,

Correct me if i got it in a wrong way ,

you are trying to toogle between your sheets by using a input box .

Can you try that in this way like in sheet properties ---> show sheet ---> use condition $(vShowsheet) =1 for SH24 &

$(vShowsheet) =2 for SH19 ..............$(vShowsheet) =8 for SH55 .

Now declare a run time variable vShowsheet =0

Now use input box on this variable to toogle from sheet1 to sheet8 .

If it's not working let me know i'll try to give you another solution

thanks

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Sean

Try to see the attached qvw

thanks

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Instead you can just try as per the attached.

Cheers.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Merwan,

Your solution is definitely another way to do it, but I would like to have this working as a dropdown or something similiar where the user won't need to input a value in to allow them to navigate from sheet to sheet.

If you have any other solutions that could acheive this, I am more than willing to give them a try!

Thanks,

Sean

Not applicable
Author

Hi BlackRockS,

Is it possible once an option is selected in the multibox, I could have it go to that sheet? All the multibox is doing is selected the option, it's not actually performing any action which is what I need it to do.

Thanks again for all the help!

Sean

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sean,

try this attached qvw

if u want to toggle by a specifier let me know i'll try it ...

Thanks

Meher

Not applicable
Author

Sean , u can use ur sheet ID instead of sheetno. in my inline

thanks

Meher

Not applicable
Author

This is definitely another possibilty, but is it possible to do this with an input box? I'm creating multiple inline tables (3 of them) because the application contains 30+ sheets. This application is broken up into 3 categories where I'll be using 1 of the 3 inline tables as the navigation. I want to use a drop-down menu to navigate if possible, but if it isn't possible to acheive this currently, I will try another option.

Thanks!

Sean

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

You didn't say how you were making the switch, I assume with a trigger on the variable?

Attached is an example using an input box dropdown and an Activate Sheet action. You can hide the tabrow in document settings if you want to make the dropdown the only sheet navigation option.

-Rob

http://robwunderlich.com