Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input fields or variables.

Hi everybody.

I´m creating an application and i want to have interactions with the users, but i dont know what to use. If variables with an entry field or input fields (i´m speaking about design variables, because in the code variables you have to reload and that´s not very useful.

What do you think? I read a lot of comments saying that the input fields brings problems.

Thank you all.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, you can use a slider with value delimiter, you have to put the min and max value and the incrementation.

input will be ok , but you have to controle the borders case when the use put some value that they do no have to put, or put text instead of numbers.

the differences between the two ways is that with slider you controle the input of the user, and if you put only an input you do not have any control when the user will put the value.

hope help, good luck

Fernando

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Personally, i would use an input field with a slider to delimit the values that the client could put on. That should solve the problems of the input field.

fkeuroglian
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi, you can use a slider with value delimiter, you have to put the min and max value and the incrementation.

input will be ok , but you have to controle the borders case when the use put some value that they do no have to put, or put text instead of numbers.

the differences between the two ways is that with slider you controle the input of the user, and if you put only an input you do not have any control when the user will put the value.

hope help, good luck

Fernando