Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input function

Hi All,

Just read about Input function and came to know that we can input values at script run time. So have started with a thought of getting the following scenario.

We are running reports to get month-wise data. So reload is based on the FROM and TO values of month.

The following script takes Input for the StartMonth and EndMonth.

Now can I use these fields in the later parts of the script itself?

Like..I have a Month table in database which contains Month_sid values as YYYYMM format

Month Table:

Month_sid,

Month_num,

Flag

Now I want the data from month table where  Month_sid between StartMonth and EndMonth,

the values of StartMonth and EndMonth being fetched from our input at script run time into tab1??

I will input values prompted for StartMonth and EndMonth in the same YYYYMM format

I don't have any idea whether this works or not in some or the other way. Tell me whether this works or not and suggest me a way

Thanks,

Priya

tab1:

Input('StartMonth','Input box') as StartMonth

Input

('EndMonth','Input box') as

EndMonth

AutoGenerate

1;

Load

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi.

Please see the attached file,i hope this will help you.

Thanks

Vivek

dineshmdane
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Thanks Vivek,

It helped me a lot.

Regards,

Dinesh M

cuenueva
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Vivek,

The 'cue' of input function is unfortunately limited to 1 line as I read in Ref Manual of QV. However I wanted to write down multiple lines since I wanna give the user the opportunity to read a block of text and choose the right input. Do you think there is a way to overcome this?

Input( str cue [, str caption] )

Thank you.