Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inputbox won't accept input on accesspoint

Hi,

So I have an application that accepts user input.  When you are finished typing, you click on a button that executes a macro and writes to an excel document.  It works perfectly in the v11 client.  However, after publishing the application to our accesspoint, I am unable to accomplish this.  When I use the IExplorer plugin, I am unable to type anything into the inputboxes.  When I use AJAX, I am able to type but the button does not work(I guess I cant use macros with AJAX).

I am using IE8.

Thoughts?

6 Replies
Nicole-Smith

I don't know anything about the IE plugin, but if you want to use a macro with AJAX there are some server settings you can change to allow you to do so (see attached image).

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for the response.  I would need to go to our server admins to see if they could do this...an option, but I am not sure if it'll go through.

If I do managed to get this accomplished, I am faced with one more problem. 

So I have users entering data, clicking on a Save button.  In the actions, I have it executing two vb script subroutines, which if what you mentioned above works, will get excuted.  The last action in the button is a Reload.  From my understanding, this is not an easy task if I am doing this on an accepoint.  Within my client it works perfectly, but in order to do a reload on the server, I am reading that I would need to call the task that I have set up on the Qlikview Management Console and run it. 

Do you, or anyone, know of any way around this? 

Basically, the functionality of the button is to take the user input, save it to an excel file, and reload the application.  A chart in the application shows the data from that excel file.  You give the illusion you are writing to a DB in real time.

Nicole-Smith

Sorry, but I can't help you here.  All of our refreshes are set up on a schedule, so we haven't had to deal with on demand reloads yet.

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi,

im having the same problem with inputboxes. They allow input in ajax, but not on Inet plugin. Did you find a solution?

br

Paul

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I never did get this to work.  To be honest, I presented what I had to the customer's (this app would have drastically improved their process over a messy spreadsheet solution).  They were impressed beyond belief, but it stopped there and they did not persue it further so I did not get this input button to work.

But I did manage to get the purpose of the app to work, at least locally..and the purpose of the app goes against what qlikview is meant to do.  I was able to write back to an excel data source via accepting user input in QV.  It was a fun learning experience.

pauljohansson
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Josh, OK, thanks for coming back. I find it very strange that the Plugin cant handle the input but the Ajax can. Well, i guess i just recommend users to use the Ajax client then. However, I thought untill now that the PLugin is the one to recommend.br Paul