Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III

Inserting a calculated %ge line into a straight table

Hello

I have a table below and the layout is based on a table I load from excel.

I would like to add in a line below Gross Investment Return for '% of opening portfolio'

I could add in a line in excel for this, but this line will be a calculation rather than coming from the database.

Do you know how I can add in a row like this?Many thanks

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Try adding TOTAL

=If(pl_line_ifrs = '% of opening portfolio',  Sum(TOTAL IS_Investment_GBP), Sum({$<period = {">=$(vStartPeriod_CY)<=$(vEndPeriod_CY)"}>}  $(vIS_Investment) )/1000000)

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Sunny

That did help.  I amdended my excel sheet and put in a line '% of opening portfolio'

And I amended the YTD column to say

=if( pl_line_ifrs = '% of opening portfolio',  '1',  sum({$<period = {">=$(vStartPeriod_CY)<=$(vEndPeriod_CY)"}>}  $(vIS_Investment) )/1000000)

Just to test and it did bring back a '1'.

But as soon as I put any simple calculation in here it then doesn't bring back this line eg

=if( pl_line_ifrs = '% of opening portfolio',  sum(IS_Investment_GBP) sum({$<period = {">=$(vStartPeriod_CY)<=$(vEndPeriod_CY)"}>}  $(vIS_Investment) )/1000000)

Do you have any idea why this might be?

sunny_talwar

Try adding TOTAL

=If(pl_line_ifrs = '% of opening portfolio',  Sum(TOTAL IS_Investment_GBP), Sum({$<period = {">=$(vStartPeriod_CY)<=$(vEndPeriod_CY)"}>}  $(vIS_Investment) )/1000000)

paul_ripley
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks very much for you your help.  It has helped me to make progress on my report

Paul