Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II

Integrate Data from different databases into one database in the script

Hello Community,

is there any possibily to integrate via the script one database in another database in which the attributes are a bit different?

Example:

DB I

These are my attribute which I usually use in the script:

RecIDFirstNameMiddleNameLastNameAddressCityStateZIPPOBoxPOCityStateZipSSNDOB

DB II

Now I always get different types of databases from our customers which are almost the same. The attributes look like this:

RecIDNameAddressCity State ZipPO BoxPOCity State ZipSSNDOB

If you look at the second DB, you' ll see that the attributes are summarized or have different names for example  Name is not sepperated in FirstName, MiddleName and LastName, City State Zip is one attribute etc.

Can we solve the integration from DB II into DB I via script ?

Or is it only possible to do it before the script? If its not possible, could anyone maybe give me a solution how I can solve this problem in Excel at least?

Unfortunetly I m not a database pro, hope you can help me out here.

3 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Simply concatenate the data

CONNECT ...etc to DB1 ;

MyTable:

LOAD * FROM DB1_source_table;

DISCONNECT;

CONNECT ...etc to DB2 ;

CONCATENATE (MyTable)

LOAD * FROM DB2_other_source_table;

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
thanhphongle
Creator II
Creator II
Author

hmm I dont really get it.

Or can you giive me an example. I attached two databases (relationA and relationB) and my qv file

In the Database relationA the attribute Name summarizes FirstName MiddleName and LastName.

Can you show me how I can get these 3 attributes from relationB into relationA?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Qlikvew reads from databases. It does not write to databases. You're using the wrong tool if you want to write data from one database to another database.

But if you want to load data from two different sources and combine that data into one final table in your Qlikview document then you use the CONCATENATE directive like I posted above.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand