Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Invalid Object Name Error Message

Hi,

We are running v12 of QlikView and Microsoft Sql Server 2012 on a Windows 2012 Server (development environment).

In our Qlik QVW script we connect to the DB:

OLEDB CONNECT TO [Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Persist Security Info=False;Initial Catalo=DATABASE_NAME;Data Source=SQL_SERVER_INSTANCE_NAME;Use Procedure for Prepare=1;Auto Translate=True;Packet Size=4096;Workstation ID=SERVER_NAME;Use Encryption for Data=False;Tag with column collation when possible=False];

The QVW connects fine, it then tries to execute this command which has worked for weeks and has now suddenly stopped working:

SQL EXEC dbo.[QlikAttributionGroupTreeView];

Error Message:

ErrorSource: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server, ErrorMsg: Could not find stored procedure 'dbo.StoredProcedureName'.

SQL EXEC dbo.[StoredProcedureName];

I can still execute the stored procedure from within Sql Server Management Studio just not within the QVW.  Strangely, I went to another QVW which executes a totally different stored procedure and that runs fine, however, when I copy the SQL EXEC command for that stored procedure to the QVW with the issues, it then fails saying it cannot find the stored procedure.

Curios as to whether anyone else has come across this issue...

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

can you try something like

SQL EXEC dbname.dbo.storedprocedurename;

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

It's clearly saying there is no stored procedure, Can you check in DB side.

May be use Disconnect; after your statement of load

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

That's the problem... I know it's clearly saying there is no Stored Procedure there but the Stored Procedure is there and I can execute if using the same credentials in Sql Server Management Studio fine.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I never tried with Instance to pull data. But, I connected to MS SQL server earlier to pull the SP's in Qlik.

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

can you try something like

SQL EXEC dbname.dbo.storedprocedurename;

Not applicable
Author

Adding the Database Name to the string worked.  I then looked at the connection string and there is a typo, it says "Catalo" when it should have said "Catalog" which is why it wasn't picking up the database name.

Many thanks for your help!

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

No problem.