Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Is Search with Synonym Words possible?

Hi Experts,

We are doing Text Analytic's at the moment in our project and just wondering if Search with Synonym Words possible?

For example, If I have a String like 'Synonym Word' I should be able to search with 'SW' and it should bring a close match rather searching the whole lot of other words what Fuzzy or Wild Card Search do.

Any suggestions would help.

Thanks,

Shyam.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you create a table with words and its synonyms then you can search for synonyms.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

I think the simplest way is to create map for Synonym words

Regards

ASHFAQ

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Friends.

I got bit more information on this today.

What I would have is a table with all the list of synonyms from the Database/Data Warehouse. I would need 2 things to happen.

1. Somehow when the user enters the abbreviated word like 'SW' for 'Synonym Word' in the search box I want the 'Synonym Word'  to be shown in the search box . I know this beyond what Search in QlikView does, but just putting it in here to explain what my user said

2. Once the 'Synonym Word'  appears in the Search Box, will the user be able to click 'Enter' button to get the data viewed based on that word?

I came across 'Text in Search Field' in the Search box properties. I have used an expression so that I get a field value

into the search box displayed. But it is not a search string where user can click enter and get the data filtered.

Any suggestions on this is really appreciated.

Regards,

Shyam.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Have a look at attached application..

use search box available in that application to search your abbreviated work and hit enter.

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Sorry I could not see the attachment. Can you please reattach the document.

Also, I am just wondering if it is possible to display the string that entered in the search box in a Text object.

Is there a way to do it.

Thanks heaps in advance.

Regards,

Shyam.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

HI,

Sorry missed attachment earlier.

Here is the attached file.

Regards

ASHFAQ

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Ashfaq,

Yes I could see whats been created by you.

But in my case there may not be a straight relation ship between the synonym table and the other fields in my Data Model.

Moreover, this would be for more than one specific field the synonym would work for.

Any help on this is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Shyam.